(English) COMPLETE WEBINAR SERIES - Operational Financial Management for Beginners with Comprehensive Examples and Hands On Exercises by Tan Kok Tee
Sign Up Now at RM 99. Price will increase to RM 199 on (Sat) 01 MAY 2021 11pm
Everything you need to know about Operational Financial Management for Beginners
- Lesson 1 : Operational Financial Management for Beginners with Comprehensive Examples and Hands On Exercises
- (Sat) 17 April 2021, Saturday, 9:00 am – 1:30 pm
- Lesson 2 : Operational Financial Management for Beginners with Comprehensive Examples and Hands On Exercises
- (Sat) 24 April 2021, Saturday, 9:00 am – 1:30 pm
- Lesson 3 : Operational Financial Management for Beginners with Comprehensive Examples and Hands On Exercises
- (Sat) 01 May 2021, Saturday, 9:00 am – 1:30 pm
- Lesson 4 : Operational Financial Management for Beginners with Comprehensive Examples and Hands On Exercises
- (Sat) 08 May 2021, Saturday, 9:00 am – 1:30 pm
Payment inclusive of Replay, Certificate of Completion to manually claim your CPD/CPE points. Download of PDF Notes. Only PDF training materials are downloadable. MP4 Video Replays are non-downloadable (unlimited streaming is available for mp4 replays).
No Jam. No Parking.Bee Happy. Learn Online.
While Accounting and Finance co-exist side by side and lead to lucrative prospects in growing fields involving the management of financial matters, they are two distinct disciplines.
The main difference between them is that those who work in finance focus on planning and directing the financial transactions for an organization, while those who work in accounting focus on recording and reporting on those transactions.
In layman language, Accounting is the organization of keeping records of every transaction whereas Financial Management is the management of monies or funds like sourcing, allocation and utilization of funds to support the organizations business operation.
Daily Accounting is more of a past activity, while daily Financial Management is more of future oriented.
Enrich the fundamental knowledge and concept of Financial Management in practice.
Identify the usefulness of Financial Management requirements in every business operation.
Master the foundation of Financial Management to enable participants in their financial planning.
Systematically identify the key areas of Financial Management essentials.
Take timely corrective actions in overcoming financial resource weakness.
- Finance Managers / Assistant Finance Managers
- Fresh Financial Managers and Accountant
- Accounting and Financial Executives & Supervisors,
- Fresh Financial and Accounting Graduates and Students
- All other persons who are involved in and/or interested to reskill or enhance their Financial Management skills to support their business operations.
- Course notes
- Participative Q & A
- Hands On exercises on templates provided.
A. Introduction to Financial Management.
- What is Finance
- Category of Finance
- Importance of Finance
- Areas of Financial Decision Functions
- Functions and responsibilities of Financial Managers
- Financial Goal of a firm.
B. Evaluation of Financial Performance
- Objectives of Financial and Ratio Analysis
- Internal and external comparisons
- Profit versus Cash Flow
- What is and how is EBIT and EBITDA calculated.
- Comprehensive Examples, Meanings and Hands On calculation of:
i. Profitability analysis:
- Gross Profit
- Sales Profit
- Operating Profit
- Profit before tax
- ROI on Total Assets
- ROI on Equity
- Current Assets to Total Liabilities
- Quick Current Assets to Total Liabilities
- Working Capital to total assets
- Total Debt to Equity
- Total Debt to total Assets
ii. Liquidity Analysis
iii. Over Trading analysis
iv. Operational Financial Management Efficiencies for:
- Lenders facilities
- Fixed Assets
- Total Assets
v. Common Size Analysis (aka Vertical Analysis) and Horizontal.
A. Management of Working Capital effectively (especially during this COVID Pandemic period)
- Risk – Return trade-off in working capital management
- Factors affecting working capital level
- Classification of Assets
- Classification on sources of financing
- Cash conversation cycle.
- Management of current assets
i. Efficient inventory management versus lost of sales
ii. Receivable management and its collection efficiencies
- Think Win Win
- Cost of Cash Discount
- Apply Listening leadership principle – Empathic Communication
- Synergizing – Creative cooperation principle
- Managing of current liabilities
- Trade Payables
- Financial Lenders
iii. Other Financial Assets, including pledge deposits
B. Financial Planning and Forecasting
- Types of Budget
- Importance and Benefits of a Cash Flow budget and forecast
- How to read the cash flow statement at ease
- Principles and Practice of Managing the cash flow:
- End in Mind First (EIMST)
- First thing first
- · Segmentation of a cash flow budget
- · Detail Schedule of expected collections and payments
A. Time Value for Money
- Compounding and future value
- Future value and present value
- Loan Amortization Value
B. Cost of Capital
- What is cost of capital and its importance?
- Weighted Average Cost of Capital (WACC)
- How to calculate the WACC
- Factors affecting WACC
- Individual cost of financing:
- Ordinary shares
- Preference shares
- · Optimal Capital Structure
- · Marginal Cost of Capital.
C. Risk and Returns
- Measurement and classification of returns:
- Realized return
- Required return
- Expected return
- · Measurement and types of risk
- Systematic risk
- Unsystematic risk
- Diversification effect and portfolio return.
A. Capital budgeting
- What is capital budgeting and its importance to business
- Capital budgeting process
- Types of projects:
- Independent projects
- Mutually exclusive projects
- Capital Budgeting decisions
- Guides for Capital Budgeting
- Project Benefits and cost
- Relevant of cash flow in capital budgeting
- Capital budgeting techniques:
- Discounted and Non-discounting cash flow
- Returns on present value cash flow
- Returns on present value cash flow
- Risk adjusted discount rate.
- Fundamentals of Valuations
- Margin of Safety
- Intrinsic Value
- Management Value
Tan Kok Tee has 40 years of working experience in accounts &financial, strategic and general management field. He has held a variety of leadership and senior management roles in various organizations, starting in the Accounts & Finance Department until CFO level and the last being Group Chief Executive Officer. More than half of these times are spent in the Manufacturing, Marketing & Distribution and Services organizations, including those with the then Inchcape Timuran Berhad, Metroplex Berhad, Perdana Industries Berhad.
He is a Fellow member of the Association of International Accountants, UK; Member of the Institute of Public Accountants, Aust.; Certified Commercial Accountant, (M); Member of the Chartered Tax Institute of Malaysia; Member of the Malaysia Associations of Company Secretaries (M) and a Gold Mastery Holder in Reinventing Strategic Planning and Management from the Haines Centre for Strategic Management, sponsored by University of San Diego, USA.
He is also a Certified Trainer with PMSB’s (HRDF) Train The Trainer Certificate since 2009, a GST Agent registered with MOF & Holder of the GST MyGCAP certificate from RMCD and a Life Member of the Malaysian Institute of Directors.
Kok Tee has been involved in Advisory, Training and Facilitation on a part-time basis from 2009-2013, and full time from 2014 to now. To-date he had conducted about 400 training workshops throughout Malaysia on topics on GST; SST; Practical Accounting for Accounting Staffs; Reading, Analyzing and Interpreting Financial Statement; Accounting and Finance for Non-Accounting Managers; Customers Credit Evaluations and Collection Strategies; Incoterms, LC Operations and Trade Financing; Reinventing the Strategic Planning and Management and Financial Statement Hands On Application to MBRS, for both in-house as well as public, including to Government Authorities, Chamber of Commerce, Government Link Companies, Banks, Malaysian Institute of Accountants, Chartered Institute of Management Accountants, CPA Australia, Malaysian Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators, Selangor State Human Resource Development Centre (SHRDC), Negeri Sembilan State Skills Development Centre (NSSDC), Penang Skill Development Centre (PSDC), NGOs and many others public training providers.
Through them, Kok Tee have also conducted training for Shin Yang Group in Miri,Bintulu Port, Deleum Bhd., Boustead Plantation Bhd., Takahata, FBK Manufacturing, Brothers Industries, Integrated Logistics, Mega Logistics, Chung Hwa Picture Tubes, Ohara Melaka, Safran Aerospace, NEC Corp. of Malaysia, Kobe Precissions,Tecktronic& Sons Holdings, Julie Biscuit, Ornapaper Melaka, Sunway University, Audit and Tax Firms and many many more. To-date more than 15,000 executives has been trained by him and was a Lead GST Trainer for Malaysia Export Academy in 2014-2015.
Kok Tee has also been a hands on SST practitioner during the SST01 regime until its abolition. He also developed and delivered an entrepreneurship program specially designed for MBA students from GC University, Pakistan in collaboration with Sunway Education Group for period of 5 years (2010 to 2014) and was an invited speaker for the Asian Financial Controller’s Congress in 2009, 2010 and 2011.
Courses Included with Purchase
Original Price: $0
Frequently Asked Questions
Sign Up Now ... See you "inside" the paid area soon !
We highly encourage you to pay via credit card for instant access to the content.
However, you have the option to pay via online bank in method, Click Here for Instruction to Pay Through Bank
Hi, My name is EvannaMiss8. I am a One Leg Kick , Happy go Lucky Organiser & Producer of Webinars & Online Training for Professionals, Directors & Management
If you are still blur blur about this webinar, no worries ya ... you may contact me directly using any of the below methods
Bee Happy, Learn Online ...
Important Note: If you want to download the Certificate of Completion at the end of this course, please make sure the FULL NAME you key in is 100% Accurate ya ...